Family Ski Holidays
Amazing Family Ski Holidays
Skiing with kids can seem a daunting task, but it really is such a great family holiday! It is one of the few holidays where you ALL do pretty much the same activity all day. It gives you the opportunity for so much fun storytelling and shared memories at the end of each day.
At Globally Mine, I can offer advice on the best destinations for your family, from the beautiful Swiss Alps and Austrian Tyrol to the vast ski areas of France or even the USA. Contact me to find your perfect, tailored Ski Break.
I am a HUGE skiing fan, check out my blog - Skiing with Kids
My Top Tips for Skiing with Kids
- Choose the right ski resort: Look for a resort that caters to families with children. Check for ski schools childcarere services, and family-friendly activities.
- Gear up properly: Make sure everyone in your family has the right gear, including proper ski clothing, helmets, and ski boots that fit well – you don’t have to buy new! Vinted, Ebay or your local Facebook marketplace is a great place to buy ski gear second-hand.
- Take ski lessons: Even if you or your family members are experienced skiers, it's always a good idea to take a lesson or two to brush up on skills and learn new techniques.
- Start slow: Begin with easy slopes and gradually work your way up to more challenging terrain. Be patient with your family members and allow them time to get comfortable on the slopes.
- Take breaks: Skiing can be tiring, so take frequent breaks to rest and refuel. Bring snacks and drinks to keep everyone energised.
- Have fun: Remember that skiing with family is about having fun and creating memories together. Enjoy the scenery, take pictures, and have a great time on the slopes!
If you need a bit of help and inspiration, drop me a line and let me do the hard work.
Whether you want to ski Austria, France or Switzerland, or maybe further afield like USA or Canada, we can help you plan your perfect ski break, get in touch with our experts and let us help you find the perfect ski holiday for your family.
Check out my recommendations for amazing Family Ski Hotels below:
WHERE TO SKI FOR FAMILIES
Little Nell - Aspen, Colorado, USA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aspen's only Five-Star, Five-Diamond, ski-in/ski-out hotel features luxurious amenities, personalised service, breath-taking mountain views, renowned dining and spacious accommodations.
Also offering a spa, massage and fitness centre, there is no better way to relax after a hard day on the slopes! With two restaurants and three bars, the menus are put together to surprise and delight.
One Ski Hill Place - Breckenridge, Colorado, USA ⭐⭐⭐⭐
One Ski Hill Place sits in an enviable position at the base of the Peak 8 and offers elegant accommodation. It is located at the terminus of the BreckConnect Gondola and therefore provides instant access to four lifts to take you to either Peak 7, 8, 9 or 10, and one lift ride away from Peak 6.
Access to the town of Breckenridge is easy with a shuttle bus running from the property in addition to the BreckConnect Gondola which is only steps away.
At One Ski Hill Place you will find:
- 2 indoor swimming pools
- Outdoor hot tub
- Fitness facility including bikes and treadmills
- Sports massage centre
- Steam room
- 24-hour front desk
- Living room with oversized fireplace
- Ski storage
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Arcade/game room, 2 movie lounges and on site bowling alley
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary shuttle service to town
- Complimentary parking
Alpenpark Resort - Seefeld, Austria ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Situated in a quiet location with lovely views, the Alpenpark Resort specialises in family holidays. This superior hotel has excellent sport and leisure facilities and is just a five to ten minute walk to the ski bus stop and Seefeld centre.
Take a dip in the indoor or outdoor pools including slides for the kids. The adults only spa area, panorama sauna, whirlpool and steam room offer a peaceful getaway and relaxing experience. Be sure to grab a drink or snack in the sports pub offering table tennis, a bowling alley, squash court and a sports simulator - a great way to spend the evening.
Bedrooms are elegant with either rustic country house style or furnished with modern décor.
Hotel Barriere Les Neiges, Courchevel 1850, France ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This stunning luxury hotel is perfectly positioned at the foot of the ski slope with everything within easy reach. The hotel offers dedicated child & teen areas & a family cinema room. Facilities include a spa, swimming pool, hydrotherapy circuit, sauna, steam room & outdoor jacuzzi.
Contact me today to let me begin to tailor your perfect ski holiday, whether you are first timers to the slopes or experienced powder hunters, I can help you find your next amazing holiday.
Let's Chat Holidays - Appointments via Telephone or Face to Face in Surrey
I am a local Travel Agent based in Cranleigh, Surrey. I offer a bespoke & tailored service to those living in Surrey but also UK-wide via telephone or video call.
You can book an obligation-free chat by clicking the Image below, and selecting a "Telephone", "Video" or "In person" Consultation. If you are local to Surrey I offer appointments in Cranleigh, Godalming Guildford, Dorking and surrounding villages.
Face to Face Travel Appointments available in Surrey in:
Guildford - The Plucky Pheasant
Guildford - The Harbour Hotel
Godalming - Well & Good
Guildford - The Gomshall Mill
Dorking - The Watermill
Dorking - The Parrot, Forest Green
Cranleigh - Maddings Cafe
Cranleigh - The Gin & Tea Bar
Plus Many many more...
If you would like an "in person" appointment, click the image below and select "in person" once the appointment is booked I will be in touch and we can arrange a suitable venue.
Check out our 5* Google Reviews